Thursday, October 7, 2010

Sen. Burr Coming to Smithfield + Early Voting Information

     Dear Friends,
     Our NRA endorsed candidate for the U.S. Senate will be coming to Smithfield.  Senator Richard Burr will be at the Central Marketing Tobacco Warehouse, 1416 Wal-Pat Road on Friday, October 22 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Mark your calendars now and join me in turning out for this stalwart supporter of our Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
     I look forward to seeing you there!
Tip of the day: did you know that you can register and then vote all in one fell swoop?  You can do it at one of the one-stop voting sites in your county.  A list of the locations can be found at this link.  The following information on how to do this comes from the NC Board of Elections web site.

A North Carolina resident who is qualified to register to vote may register In-Person and vote at a One-Stop Site in the person's county of residence during the One-Stop Absentee Voting period. The One-Stop Voting period extends from 19 to 3 days before Election Day. However, there is no voter registration during the One-Stop Voting period for a Second Primary. The process is sometimes referred to as “In-Person Registration,” but it is important to recognize that it not permitted on Election Day itself.

To use this process, a citizen must (1) go to a One-Stop Voting Site in the county of residence during the One Stop Absentee Voting period, (2) fill out a voter registration application, and (3) provide proof of residency by showing the elections official an appropriate form of identification with the citizen’s current name and current address.  The new registrant may vote ONLY at a One-Stop Absentee Voting Site in the county of registration during One-Stop Absentee Voting period and not on Election Day.  Acceptable forms of identification include:
  • A North Carolina driver’s license with current address
  • A utility bill with name and current address
    • A telephone or mobile phone bill
    • An electric or gas bill
    • A cable television bill
    • A water or sewage bill
  • A document with name and current address from a local, state, or U.S. government agency, such as:
    • A passport
    • A government-issued photo ID
    • U.S. military ID
    • A license to hunt, fish, own a gun, etc.
    • A property or other tax bill
    • Automotive or vehicle registration
    • Certified documentation of naturalization
    • A public housing or Social Service Agency document
    • A check, invoice, or letter from a government agency
    • A birth certificate
  • A student photo ID along with a document from the school showing the student’s name and current address
  • A paycheck or paycheck stub from an employer or a W-2 statement
  • A bank statement or bank-issued credit card statement.  
     I hope that you will take advantage of this opportunity if you are not already registered. You can also vote there if you are already registered.  This is a great way to beat the lines on November 2.
     Sincerely yours,
     Tom Goffe

No comments:

Post a Comment